NASA Congratulates Winners of YouTube Space Lab Contest

March 22, 2012

Joshua Buck
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1100
jbuck@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 12-095

NASA CONGRATULATES WINNERS OF YOUTUBE SPACE LAB CONTEST

WASHINGTON -- NASA Deputy Administrator Lori Garver issued the
following statement Thursday, March 22, about the announcement of the
YouTube Space Lab contest winners:

"I want to congratulate the winners of the YouTube Space Lab contest
for their outstanding proposals. I am especially proud of the two
winners from the United States, Dorothy Chen and Sara Ma, and look
forward to seeing the results of their experiments after they are
flown and conducted on the International Space Station during
Expedition 32 and 33 this summer. Earlier today, I had a chance to
speak with Dorothy and Sara to thank them for their hard work, and
salute them on behalf of NASA.

"As a national laboratory, our goal is to open up the space station to
new paths for the exploration, discovery and economic development of
space. Educating and inspiring the next generation of space explorers
and scientists are among the most important things NASA can do, and
these students are getting the opportunity of a lifetime. A contest
like this taps into the passion of so many people who get involved,
from the just over 2,000 students who submitted proposals to everyone
who voted for them, and we want to encourage that passion and
engagement."

For information about the contest and to see the proposals from the 60
finalists, visit:

http://www.youtube.com/spacelab

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx