"We Are The Explorers" Video Showcases Legacy Of Exploration, Future NASA Missions

Mar. 03, 2012

Michael Braukus
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1979
michael.j.braukus@xxxxxxxx

Josh Byerly
Johnson Space Center, Houston
281-483-5111
josh.byerly@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 12-071

"WE ARE THE EXPLORERS" VIDEO SHOWCASES LEGACY OF EXPLORATION, FUTURE NASA MISSIONS

HOUSTON -- A new video produced by NASA and narrated by actor Peter
Cullen of "Transformers" fame celebrates humankind's inherent need to
explore through the past, present and future.

"We Are the Explorers" shows how humanity constantly has reached for
new heights, broken new boundaries and taken steps that previously
were considered impossible. The video highlights NASA's tradition of
exploration, from the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs, to the
space shuttle and International Space Station. It looks ahead to
vehicles being built now that will take humans farther than they ever
have gone, including the new Orion crew vehicle and Space Launch
System.

"NASA and its missions - historic, present and future - have the
ability to inspire," said NASA Associate Administrator for Human
Exploration and Operations Bill Gerstenmaier. "This video celebrates
not only the historic steps we have made as an agency, but also the
great journeys that await us as we operate the orbiting laboratory
that is the International Space Station and build the vehicles
necessary to expand human exploration beyond low-Earth orbit."

The video is available to view on a variety of NASA and social media
Web sites. It also can be freely used by teachers and students for
educational purposes.

To view the video, visit:

http://go.nasa.gov/wearetheexplorers

or