Nov. 21, 2011

Grey Hautaluoma
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-0668
grey.hautaluoma-1@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 11-392

NASA EXPANDS WOMEN@NASA WEBSITE TO ENCOURAGE GIRLS TO PURSUE STEM CAREERS

WASHINGTON -- NASA has expanded its Women@NASA website to include
Aspire 2 Inspire, a new feature aimed at helping middle school girls
explore education and careers in science, technology, engineering,
and mathematics (STEM) fields.

The site features four short films and one overview film that explore
the careers and backgrounds of early-career women who work for NASA
in each of the STEM areas. A list of community organizations and
NASA-affiliated outreach programs with a STEM emphasis also is
available.

The site also features four Twitter feeds where visiting girls can
interact with and submit questions to the young women featured in the
films.

"We have an opportunity to reach out to the next generation and
inspire today's girls to pursue science and technology careers," said
Rebecca Keiser, the agency's associate director for agency-level
policy integration and representative to the White House Council on
Women and Girls. "Expanding opportunities in these fields will give
our country perspectives and expertise that will help us
out-innovate, out-educate and out-build the world. It's key to our
future."

Visit the website at:

http://women.nasa.gov/a2i/

-end-