NASA Named One of Best Places to Work in Government

Nov. 16, 2011

David Weaver
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1600
david.s.weaver@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 11-389

NASA NAMED ONE OF BEST PLACES TO WORK IN GOVERNMENT

WASHINGTON -- NASA remains one of the best places to work in the
federal government. In a survey released today by the Partnership for
Public Service, a nonprofit, non-partisan organization, the agency
retains its ranking of number five.

"Those of us at NASA know it's a great place to work." said NASA
Administrator Charles Bolden. "We are the world leader in space
exploration and cutting-edge science missions, and contribute to the
economic vitality of our great nation. We reach for new heights and
challenge our employees to carry out missions to benefit humankind.
What job could be better than that?"

The rankings draw on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's
Employee Viewpoint Survey of more than 150,000 executive branch
employees. The evaluation helps job-seekers assess agencies and
federal managers improve their workplaces.

NASA this week opened up recruitment for the 2013 class of astronauts,
who will fly to the International Space Station and visit farther
destinations such as Mars. As the agency enters a new era of
exploration and develops new capabilities to explore the solar system
and beyond, workers with a wide range of skills and interests will be
critical.

For more about NASA, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov

-end-