New NASA HD App for iPad With Expanded Content Available Free

Sept. 2, 2010

Grey Hautaluoma
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-0668
grey.hautaluoma-1@xxxxxxxx

Mike Mewhinney
Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif.
650-604-3937
michael.mewhinney@xxxxxxxx
RELEASE: 10-207

NEW NASA HD APP FOR IPAD WITH EXPANDED CONTENT AVAILABLE FREE

WASHINGTON -- NASA has unveiled NASA App HD, a new mobile application
designed for the iPad. The application is available free of charge at
the App Store from Apple.

NASA App HD features live streaming video from NASA Television, an
interactive map with links to all the agency's field centers, quick
links to feature stories and launch schedules, a scrolling "alerts
banner," and a "NASA Featured" link. The first featured link focuses
on women in space.

The app's landing page features the solar system, where users can
learn more about our neighborhood, the universe and NASA missions.
The app also enables users to experience and search updated, higher
resolution NASA Image of the Day and Astronomy Picture of the Day
collections and agency videos on demand.

"Our goal with the first NASA App was to deliver current mission
information, images, videos and news updates in the best possible way
for the iPhone and iPod touch," said Jerry Colen, NASA App project
manager at NASA's Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. "Now
we've enhanced and expanded the application to include even more
content and really take advantage of the iPad's larger screen."

The NASA App is available for free on the App Store for iPad or at:

http://www.iTunes.com/AppStore

For more information about the NASA App HD for the iPad, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/nasaapp

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx