NASA Invites the Public to Picture Their "Face in Space"

June 8, 2009

John Yembrick
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1100
john.yembrick-1@xxxxxxxx

Kyle Herring
Johnson Space Center, Houston
281-483-5111
kyle.j.herring@xxxxxxxx

MEDIA ADVISORY: M10-091

NASA INVITES THE PUBLIC TO PICTURE THEIR "FACE IN SPACE"

HOUSTON -- NASA is inviting members of the public to send electronic
images of their faces into orbit aboard one of the final remaining
space shuttle missions.

Visitors to the "Face in Space" website can upload their portrait to
fly with the astronauts aboard shuttle Discovery's STS-133 mission
and/or shuttle Endeavour's STS-134 mission. Participants will receive
special certificates from the Internet site once the mission is
completed.

"The Space Shuttle Program belongs to the public, and we are excited
when we can provide an opportunity for people to share the adventure
of our missions," said Space Shuttle Program Manager John Shannon.
"This website will allow you to be a part of history and participate
as we complete our final missions."

To submit your image, visit:

http://faceinspace.nasa.gov

Those without a picture can skip the image upload section, and NASA
will fly their name.

Discovery and Endeavour's missions are the final two flights remaining
until the retirement of the space shuttle fleet. They are targeted to
launch in September and November, respectively. For more information
about the STS-133 and STS-134 missions, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/shuttle

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx