NASA Sets Briefing to Discuss Ares I-X Launch Data

Nov. 30, 2009

Ashley Edwards/Grey Hautaluoma
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1756/0668
ashley.edwards-1@xxxxxxxx
grey.hautaluoma-1@xxxxxxxx

Lynnette Madison
Johnson Space Center, Houston
281-483-5111
lynnette.b.madison@xxxxxxxx

MEDIA ADVISORY: M09-227

NASA SETS BRIEFING TO DISCUSS ARES I-X LAUNCH DATA

HOUSTON -- NASA will host a media teleconference with Bob Ess, Ares
I-X mission manager, at 1 p.m. CST on Thursday, Dec. 3. Ess will
provide reporters with an update on data gathered during the test
flight of the rocket, which took place Oct. 28 from NASA's Kennedy
Space Center in Florida.

The test flight lasted approximately six minutes, from launch until
splashdown of the rocket's booster stage in the Atlantic Ocean nearly
150 miles away. The Ares I-X was wired with more than 700 sensors
that gathered data during its flight. The launch gave NASA an
opportunity to prove hardware, facilities and ground operations of
the test rocket while providing engineers with critical data for
future launch vehicles.

Reporters who want to participate in the teleconference should contact
Lynnette Madison at 281-483-5111 or lynnette.b.madison@xxxxxxxx by
4:30 p.m., Dec. 2, for dial-in information.

Audio from the teleconference will be streamed on NASA's Web site at:

http://www.nasa.gov/newsaudio

For more information about the Ares I-X rocket, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX

For more information about the Constellation Program, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/constellation

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx