Statement of NASA Administrator Michael Griffin on Aug. 18 Email

Sept. 7, 2008

David Mould
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1600
david.r.mould@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 08-220

STATEMENT OF NASA ADMINISTRATOR MICHAEL GRIFFIN ON AUG. 18 EMAIL

WASHINGTON -- The following is the complete statement of NASA
Administrator Michael Griffin regarding the Aug. 18 email published
by the Orlando Sentinel:

The leaked internal email fails to provide the contextual framework
for my remarks, and my support for the administration's policies.
Administration policy is to retire the shuttle in 2010 and purchase
crew transport from Russia until Ares and Orion are available. The
administration continues to support our request for an INKSNA
exemption. Administration policy continues to be that we will take no
action to preclude continued operation of the International Space
Station past 2016. I strongly support these administration policies,
as do OSTP and OMB.

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx