NASA Hosts Industry Day to Discuss IT Infrastructure Acquisitions

June 26, 2008

David E. Steitz
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1730
david.steitz@xxxxxxxx

MEDIA ADVISORY: M08-127

NASA HOSTS INDUSTRY DAY TO DISCUSS IT INFRASTRUCTURE ACQUISITIONS

WASHINGTON -- On Wednesday, July 23, NASA will host an Industry Day to
discuss upcoming agency-wide acquisitions for the Information
Technology (IT) Infrastructure Improvement Program, or I3P. The
program strategically will procure information technology
infrastructure services for NASA.

The meeting will be held from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. EDT, at the Ronald
Reagan Building and International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania
Ave., NW, in Washington. To attend, interested parties must register
online at the I3P Web site:

http://i3p-acq.ksc.nasa.gov

Attendance is limited to two people per registered organization.
Registration closes July 21. Journalists interested in attending the
meeting should contact David Steitz at 202-358-1730 or by e-mail at
david.steitz@xxxxxxxx by July 21.

NASA plans on procuring services for the I3P through several component
acquisitions. These may include infrastructure applications services,
including Web hosting and Web content management; communications
services, or networks, including telecommunications, video and data
services; data center services, such as data housing, hosting and
storage services; end-user services, including desktops, laptops,
cellular phones and PDA's; and business applications services for
NASA.

At the meeting, NASA will discuss I3P acquisition plans, describe IT
infrastructure requirements at NASA's centers, and solicit input on
the agency's strategic IT approach from industry. NASA will establish
a list of interested parties, introduce key government personnel and
identify their roles and responsibilities.

Throughout the acquisition process NASA will be posting updates to the
I3P acquisition, including questions and answers, on the I3P Web
site. For more information about NASA and agency programs, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx