In Case You Missed It: A Weekly Summary of Top Content from NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center

  April 15, 2016
MEDIA ADVISORY
In Case You Missed It: A Weekly Summary of Top Content from NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center

Week of April 11 - April 15, 2016

New Test Structures Will Have NASA SLS Rocket Hardware Feeling the Force

Teams are breathing new life into a multipurpose, high-bay test facility, Marshall's Structural and Environmental Test Laboratory, for the next era of space exploration powered by NASA’s Space Launch System.

Rocketology Blog: We’ve Got Rocket Chemistry, Part 1

It is really rocket science. In this week’s edition of Rocketology learn about the chemical reactions at the heart of rocket propulsion.

(Animation 1:29) Feel the Power with New Space Launch System Animation

Check out the new SLS animation and get your blood pumping. SLS’s unprecedented capabilities will make it possible to launch crews of up to four astronauts in NASA’s Orion spacecraft on missions to explore multiple, deep-space destinations, including Mars.

NASA Begins Testing of Revolutionary E-Sail Technology

Testing has started at Marshall on a concept for a potentially revolutionary propulsion system that could send spacecraft to the edge of our solar system -- the heliopause -- faster than ever before.

I Will Launch America: Launch Vehicle Deputy Manager Dayna Ise

American-built rockets will soon once again launch astronauts to the space station from American soil, and Dayna Ise, a Marshall manager, is excited to be part of the Commercial Crew Program making this possible.

Marshall Facebook Highlights Big Week at the Center

This week, Marshall welcomed NASA astronaut Kjell Lindgren and celebrity chef Alton Brown; and said goodbye to external tank ET-94 at Michoud. Check out these images and more posted to Marshall’s Facebook account.

(Video 7:29) 360 Video of 2016 Human Exploration Rover Challenge

We took our 360-degree camera to Rover Challenge and followed a team as they traversed the course. Nearly 80 teams from around the world raced their rovers on a space-themed, three-quarter-mile-long obstacle course not for the faint of heart. Watch it here

NASA Marshall Space Flight Center news releases and other information are available automatically by sending an e-mail message with the subject line subscribe to msfc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.