Uoti nonsense, and my parting words

> And compared to the level of testing these versions get anything we could
> do
> would be quite inadequate, so whatever release we would do would not be of
> particularly
> higher quality than what we do now.

To me it isn't so much about quality as it is about a known baseline. If
someone has release (n), at least you know they have release (n), as opposed
to some frankly fairly random SVN checkout "at some point" with a bunch of
patches and fiddles applied to make it compile and do what they want. It
would get us away from this constant request to "use latest SVN" which is
not practical for most of us.