Memory leak?

Not sure whether this is the right list to ask this question but I have
built the latest mencoder from svn (including external libraries). I run it
under my own frontend and it eventually bombs out of heap space. I see
mencoder memory usage slowly but surely go up, even without my frontend.

a.) Right place to ask?
b.) Best way to diagnose?

--
/re

The things that come to those that wait were left there by those that got
there first.