-vo jpeg

> hi everyone,
>
> im interested in using mplayer to output jpeg images from a webcam, i can
> already do this by using this command:
>
> mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0 -fps 5 -nosound -vo jpeg
>
> mplayer man page specifies the text below for the option "-vo jpeg":
>
>  Output each frame into a JPEG file in the current directory. Each file
> takes the frame number padded with leading zeros as name.
>
> my problem is that i need the jpeg image to have a specific name. i mean
> every frame outputs named "cam1" or "0000000" overwriting the previous
> files.
>
> what can i do?

As I'm really bad in programming C I would let mplayer do what it likes,
and have a script running which regularly moves each file it finds inside
the jpeg-directory to the destination filename.

Perhaps MPlayer would have to be re-started regularly, because the manpage
seems to tell me that mplayer won't be willing to write an unlimited
number of jpegs to just one directory.

Greets,
Kiste