vsync driven playback

Hello,
  could anybody guide me how to force mplayer to play video (without any
audio track) with the FPS of the screen? Should be also synced to vsync,
to not cause tearing. It has to be on nvidia card, either in vesafb,
nvfb, or under X.

  I am working on a project which takes data from the DVI port and I
want to send these data as uncompressed video there.

  It would be great if it could work on a secondary card (not the one I
use for X), but it is not a must.

  Thanks,

Daniel