Change Progress Bar

The Progress Bar displays in the center of the video for a second or two whenever you move forward or reverse.? I'd like to move the progress bar to the bottom of the screen, and possibly change the amount of time it stays on the screen.

Is there a command-line option or environment variable that does this?

If not, can I change either one by setting a preprocessor define somewhere in the source code?

And if not, and this is a long shot, is there anyone here familiar enough with the source code to tell me where to look to change it?

Thanks,

Jim