Re: MPlayer cannot detect TrueHD audio tracks in m2ts blu-ray rip

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 15:24:49 Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:29:06 +0200
>
> Nico Sabbi <Nicola.Sabbi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I don't remember that I even added support for truehd audio
> > tracks. Is there a decoder?
>
> 	No, but as far as I understand (at least according tsmuxer
> output) those TRUE-HD tracks are AC3+TRUE-HD right? Or am I wrong
> here? So if they contain both AC3 and TRUE-HD, MPlayer could at
> least choose the AC3 part and stream it.
>
> 	I'm not an expert on this, but this is as far as I understood.
>
> 	But, if I'm wrong and those TRUE-HD tracks are only TRUE-HD
> tracks and doesn't contain AC3 alternative audio together,
> unfortunately I'll have to convert them to AC3 everytime I want to
> watch some video with TRUE-HD track.
>
> 	It seems there was a similar discussion back in February:
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2009-February/075
>866.html
>
> 	Thanks.

it's not so simple: those simple minds at BD committee decided to take
the most idiotic path: carry in the same pid the two streams. The
demuxer doesn't have a way to choose the right substream because the
substream ids are not qualified in the PMT, that's why you have to
use the right command line option.