Re: embedding MPlayer into a window in MacOS

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Reimar
Döffinger<Reimar.Doeffinger@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, I would expect that implementing -wid might be possible, too, but
> for what I know nobody ever tried (and I do not own a Mac)...

I don't think it is. OSX is more restrictive in this regard and
doesn't let a process access other processes' windows. Two exceptions
are getting bitmaps of windows and the accessibility API, which is
more for interacting with an application's interface than to push a
video to one of it's windows.

There's a post on CocoaDev that shows a couple of private methods that
seem to do what would be needed:
http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?NSWindow

Though that's definitely unsupported and the example only uses it to
get a window of the same process, no idea what would happen if you
start to tinker with other processes' windows.

I'd like to be proved wrong on this, though.

Greetings
Adrian