Giving a time_pos, how to get the accurate time_pos and stream_pos where the key-frames before and after it

I'm developing a application which can play some segment previously marked.Client will only need to download the required contents to play thesegments.
>From the manual I know there’s no way accurately seeking to a time_pos. SoI want to circumvent it by 2 step:
1. Use mencoder to rebuild the key-frames in the file. By set keyint to 30or less The intra-frame interval can be restricted to less than 2 second.
2. play from the keyframe before the marked location. Less than 2 secondsnot needed part will be played. But It’s ok for my application.

Now I have 2 problems:
1.      From the manual I can not find the way to get the accurate time_posand stream_pos of the keyframe before/after the position I marked.
2.      Player always read some content at the end of the file beforeplaying. Why does this happen and how I can get the location.

If these functions are not provided by now I think they are not hard toimplement.
For function 1, Add a tim_pos parameters to “get_property stream_pos” and“get_time_pos”, the output is value where the last and next keyframes are
For function 2. Perhaps a new command is needed.