Re: A/V Sync Problems

On Wednesday 20 May 2009 11:27:15 Stefan wrote:
> RC schrieb:
> > On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:46:12 +0200
> >
> > Stefan <zak256@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >> There seems to be some automatic correction when playing the dvd
> >> directly
> >
> > There is.
> >
> >> and I wonder how I can consider this information when extracting
> >> the audio track?
> >
> > You can't.  You need to keep the audio and video together, and
> > pass it to a tool that can handle it, plus time-stamps.
>
> Ok, MPlayer can not do this? Which tools can?

mencoder _does_ keep timestamps, provided that it can read them
correctly: often it interpolates them.

Dumping the single streams and remuxing them with an external tool is
the worst thing that you can do; instead you should let mencoder do
all the muxing. It won't work in some case, but most of the times it
will.