Re: How to force a special color space converter during encoding

Daniel Lobo wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the color space trying to encode a raw
video into mpeg4.

The following command (full output at the end of this email):

mencoder -vc rawbgr24flip input.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
-nosound -o output.avi

prints: [swscaler @ 0335C550]using unscaled bgr24 -> yuv420p special
converter

and the colors in output.avi are not the same as the original, I
suppose because the multiple conversions between color spaces.

So my question is if there is a command-line arg to force a bgr24 ->
rgb32 special converter during the encoding process in order to avoid
those unnecessary conversions.

From a little digging in the man page, I think you want a combination of
'-vf scale' and '-vf format'. Exactly what the syntax would need to be I
don't know (I think it's something like '-vf format=rgb32,scale', but I
can't swear to that), but it ought to be possible to find out via
experimentation.

--
      The Wanderer

side of it.