Re: Creating mpeg4 video for Nokia 3600 mobile phone

Malte Gell wrote:
I used faac and tried raw. I think it has to do with the MPEG4 container format version. The example video has MPEG4 version 2 format, whereas mencoder produces MPEG4 version 1 container format.......

Regards
Malte

I've never had any trouble with it using faac. I'd keep fiddling with it. You would be surprised how finicky lavf can be. It's very alpha. But does work in most cases.

I'm going to mention a command from a suite of tools I've been working on. It takes any video input and converts to x264/faac in an MP4 container using MPlayer and MEncoder. It may be of some interest to you.

http://code.google.com/p/mutate/source/browse/trunk/mcode

---
ispy++;