Refresh while pausing

Hi,

I'm using mplayer under Windows with my own Java interface in slave mode.

I am able to move the mplayer output window while mplayer is running.
But when mplayer is pausing the window buffer (position) is not updated when
I move the window.
When I execute a dummy command like "frame_step", the window is updated
again.
Even if I use e.g. "brightness 0 100" mplayers displays the next frame.

Is there any slave command or start option that just causes a simple refresh
without moving to the next frame?

Thanks in advance.

Markus