Re: svn MPlayer + VDPAU = ???

> (Or maybe you're saying that you have hardware which can do decoding of
> the one but not the other - in which case I say, I don't see the point
> of doing audio decoding in hardware.)

If you can't see a point, I can make one up for you: If you've connected
_external_ hardware, like a consumer HiFi amplifier via digital link, say
S/P-DIF, it would be a great idea to feed that specific hardware with
signals it can handle.

I've heard of such amplifiers that can take 5.1 digital input, but only
one certain codec.

Greets,
Kiste