Re: Disable audio when using "." to step forward in a movie

Ilja Sekler pisze:
> as for now, using "." to step forward in a movie reproducibly crashes> pulseaudio on Ubuntu 8.10 after a few steps, freezing MPlayer (r28597).
> Killing pulseaudio and starting mplayer with "-vo alsa" has another> drawback: depending on the video file, the audio chunks played on each> step go far ahead of the video (this happens e.g. with almost all> YouTube videos). As soon as MPlayer is unpaused, it tries to catch up> the audio, playing video in a fast-forward mode (and complaining about> the hardware being to slow for this).
> I realize, that all these problems are probably bugs in pulseaudio and> alsa, but why not disabling audio in MPlayer on pressing "." completely?

Nothing good will happen with ALSA (or anything else) unless youuninstall PulseAudio. PulseAudio is messing with many multimediaapplications, not only with MPlayer.
After proper PulseAudio removal you must recompile MPlayer.
-- Krzysztof 'DK75' DuchnowskiGetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/Konfiguracja UTF-8 dla czytników - http://evil.pl/pip/utf/