audio output depending on codec??

Situation looks like this:

I can play movies with stereo audio track and I'm using dmix. But sometimes
there's a movie with audio track encoded in AC3 or DTS and for those I use hwac3
codec family and I have to set hw=0,1 instead of hw=0,0 (For this I have profile
called spdif).
It works great, but only when accessing from commandline.

Is there any way to make (g)mplayer use one or another audio ouput depending on
how audio track is encoded?