Re: Help to play HD mkv+dst smooth

Salatiel Filho <salatiel.filho <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Did you try
> > -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all (a bit faster, no difference should be visible)
> no difference at all
> > -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all:skipframe=bidir (much faster, difference
> > visible)
> > ?
> Image looks terrible.

Could you explain what "terrible" means here? Do you see artefacts or maybe
tearing? Or dropped frames?
If I play the video with -vf yadif (that makes sure it's too complex for my
cpu), I get heavy frame drops, but the picture is still perfectly watchable.

Do other videos (Apple film trailers) look fine?

Could you provide uncut command line and output?

Carl Eugen