Re: Crash seeking to chapters in a multi-VTS DVD if title is gt 1

Il giorno mer, 31/12/2008 alle 15.06 +0100, Reimar Döffinger ha scritto:> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:33:22PM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:> > are you sure the bug is present in current svn? I can't reproduce the> > bug: set_property chapter never crashes for me, nether with> > CHAPTER >= max> > nor with CHAPTER < 1> > crashes no, but hangs, which IMO are caused by libdvdreads horrible API.> The problem is when the selected chapter is at or after the end of the> DVD.> In stream_dvd.c there is this code:> >  len = DVDReadBlocks(d->title, d->cur_pack, 1, data);> >  if(!len) return -1; //error> > AFAICT the dvdread API is supposed to return 0 on error (I have no clue> what then the point is of allowing negative values, since I can't see> how they would make any sense, I only see this API behaviour bloating up> the libdvdread code for no good reason).> Problem is, dvdcss read function may also return negative values on read> errors, and the return values of dvdcss are passed through.> So we will end up with len < 0 here and thus an endless loop.> Changing !len to len <= 0 fixes it, and while I am in favour of such a> fix it breaks the dvdread API.>
thanks for fixing it :)