acOSX, Mplayer failingo render truetype fonts.

On 19.12.2008,t 14:41, Alexander Wehr wrote:

> I've been having persistent problem, and have decided to write in
>fter
>his persisted through a system upgrade.
> I've been building mplayer from SVN,nd have freetype and fontconfig
> installednd up to date. To make sure, I searched through the
> configog
>nd found it had properly detected them.
>
> I'msing these lines in the config, and they're not throwing an
> "unknown
>etting" error which DID occur when I built mplayer before updating
> freetype
>nd fontconfig:
>
>ubfont-text-scale=10
>ubfont-autoscale=2
>ubfont-text-scale=5
>ubfont-blur=1.1
>ubfont-outline=1.2
>ubalign=2
>ubfont-encoding=unicode

trydding

ass=1
embeddedfonts=1
font=/path/to/font.ttf

> Yet, I openny soft-subbed matroska file (fansubs) only to find the
>ubfont
> iseverting to the teenie-weenie default text.
>
> This is highlynusual, as I have a secondary system which properly
>enders
>he text, and I don't follow a different procedure in my installation
> process.  Is it possible Icrewed up a setting somewhere in the main
>ystem?
>
> As Iaid before, I recently upgraded my system from an old PPC
>ower to a
> macbook pro,nd used the system migration tool to transfer the files.
> Obviously whatever is causinghis mess was transferred with it, as
>he
> problem fromhe old system is persisting here, but I went through and
>ebuilt/installed freetype, fontconfig, and various other related
> dependenciesnd received no errors from mplayer on compile.

showour commands for ./configure and the output of it.

Frommailgrant at gmail.com  Sat Dec 20 14:59:33 2008
From:mailgrant at gmail.com (Grant)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 05:59:33 -0800
Subject:AX_PACK_BYTES default increase?

>> When playing back 1080p video on my Linuxystem, I get numerous "too
>> many video packets inhe buffer" console messages and the the a/v
>> can't maintainync.  This happens with both software decoding and
>> Nvidia VDPAU.  The following patch fixes it.  Canhis be changed by
>> default?
>
> The current value islready 8 MB, buffering 134 MB like your change
> does is insane.
> Also why doou think this causes A-V desync? The only reason why
> 8B buffer (which btw. even for 50 MBit/s video is enough for more
>han one second) is not enough is when you already have A-V desync,
>o in all cases (except broken files) the underlying issue of
> _both_ desyncn "too many video packets in the buffer"
> is too slow PC.

I'vehared this patch with many people on forums who have reported a
large performance increase with HD video.  If increasinghe buffer
increases performance,houldn't it be increased?  If I can find a
lower buffermount that does away with "too many video packets" and
sync issues, would it be considereds a new default if it is
sufficientlyow?

- Grant