compile without wmvupport

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008t 08:26:18AM -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> What  Im trying to accomplish is simply to have a version of mplayer
> on my machine
>hat will not play a wmv video file. How do I accomplish that?

Define "not play"nd "wmv video file". After disabling the WMV decoders
it willtill play the file as audio-only.
You canemove everything related to wmv from etc/codecs.conf, and then
copyhat into /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf or
$HOME/.mplayer/codecs.conf
Also, ifou just woke up some morning and decided you wanted to have an
MPlayerhat does "not play wmv" (whatever that is supposed to mean) for
no goodeason it seems a waste of time for me to help, though I suspect
thatou have some reason that makes sense and due to lack of knowledge
transformed it into requirement that makes no sense...