SIGCONT causes fast-forwardffect

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 06:16:16 +0100
cbreak <cbreakt the-color-black.net> wrote:

> Soundsike a very easy problem. As many already said here, you
>hould use -input file=some.fifo for controlling your mplayer. I
>uspect that the reason this didn't work for you was, that you never
>ctually created a fifo with mkfifo. I wrote this script a few weeks
>go to launch mplayer so that it is controllable remotely (via the
> network):
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
>ORT=44444
> FIFO=rconmp.fifo
>
> functionempname
> {
> 	# Generaten unlikely to be used name
> 	dd if=/dev/random bs=16 count=1 | openssl base64 |ed -e
> "s/\///g" - "s/=//g"
> }
>
> FIFOFILE=${FIFO}.$(tempname)
>
> mkfifo ${FIFOFILE}
> nc -kl ${PORT} > ${FIFOFILE} &
> NCPID=$!
>cho pause | mplayer -slave -idle -input file=${FIFOFILE} "$@"
>cho killing nc with PID ${NCPID}
> kill ${NCPID}
>m ${FIFOFILE}
>
> Forour situation, you only need this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
>ORT=44444
> FIFO=rconmp.fifo
> mkfifo ${FIFO}
> mplayer -input file=${FIFO} "$@"
>m ${FIFO}
>
> (orou set input=file=some.fifo in your .mplayer/config for all
> mplayerou will ever start. Of course, do not forget to mkfifo it
> first)

Itppears to be a shell issue and not specific to mplayer.

I have it working finesing FIFO outside of the cgi environment.
Likelyelated to the parent scripts exiting or being rerun. Actually
inhe cgi setup, the call works once because I can start music by
sending playlist via FIFO, then starts, then after that mplayer works
but is noonger listening to the pipe. You can not write to the pipe
viacript or cli at that point. So something in my cgi's env is
messingp the pipe.

-Pete