video copied fromecurity camera doesn't playback

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008t 12:39:12AM -0800, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008t 11:30 PM, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu at realss.com> wrote:
> > This clip is copied fromecurity camera monitoring machine. file(1)
> > could not determinehe file type. The file is possible to playback on
> > Windows with ????,he name of the software is in Chinese but it
> >ooks to be based on mplayer (the name of the player directly
> >ranslation would be "storm video and audio").
> >
> > https://emerson.realss.com/~yuliansu/tmp/ch07_20081126070500.mp4
> >
> > Question:
> > Ishis an mplayer problem or a broken video format? (all other video
> > clips copied fromecurity camera also doesn't play back.
>
> I've neverven heard of such a video format.  Odds are its some
>andom proprietary format that nobody supports.

Well,he video itself _could_ be MPEG-4, the container certainly isn't,
but it isimple enough that someone skilled should not take much more
than few hours to reverse-engineer and the same time to implement it.
I just haveome doubts someone wants to waste his time on this.
Ifou can prove they use MPlayer of FFmpeg you can of course ask them
forhe source, and if they did not give it to you or a written offer of
ithey already belong here: http://ffmpeg.org/shame.html

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger

Fromectalogic at rectalogic.com  Thu Dec  4 05:12:06 2008