Xvid codec missing?

Hello!

I want to transcode an mpeg file to xvid avi. I have Mplayer 1.0rc2 installed,
and Xvid core 1.1.3 on Suse 11.

When i compile Mplayer, the ./configure says that Xvid codec is installed, it
configures Xvid support.
If i ask mencoder for available codecs, the Xvid is on the list.

If i want to code with Xvid, Mencoder says that he can't find Xvnid codec...

Can someone tell me a solution for this error?

Csaba Horvath