Tips on basic wma2 player?

Hello,
I want to build a small command link utility to just play a specific
wma2 audio stream, which I listen to all the time. Can anyone give
me some tips on where to go? I suppose I need to start with libmms
to decode the mms stream/url, then libasf  to get the sound. For the
decoding do I need libavformat or any others?
Thanks
Paul