Re: [RFC] Is the MIPS pci-legacy code obsolete?

Hi Petr,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 07:27:48AM +0200, Petr Cvek wrote:
> I'm trying to fix some register oriented bugs and improve PCI resource
> assigning in the pci-mt7620.c driver and I would like to know if its
> dependency on pci-legacy is fine for the future or if "legacy" means
> the code is obsolete in some kind.

The grand plan is that over time drivers in arch/mips/pci/ stop using
the legacy code & instead use the generic non-MIPS-specific code. In
cases where it makes sense they can then move to drivers/pci/.

So I'm not going to delete the legacy code tomorrow or anything, and if
you're working on an existing driver it's somewhat up to you whether you
migrate to the generic code now or not - but I'd really like to see that
happen at some point in the future.

Thanks,
    Paul