Re: next build: 198 builds: 4 failed, 194 passed, 7 errors, 82 warnings (next-20161214)

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:22:41 AM CET Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Some configurations, in particular new cores or architecture variants
> may require vendor tool- chains or patches until support makes it upstream.
> I wonder if for the benefit of automated build testing we should tag
> kernel configurations with a special CONFIG_ symbol to indicate they need
> non-standard tools?  That would allow build testing to detect and
> possibly skip such configuration.

I think that this ties in with a discussion we recently had about moving
toolchain feature detection from Makefiles into Kconfig, which can
then probably handle this better. We just need to find someone who
can hack this up into Kconfig.

	Arnd