Re: what is the purpose of the following LE->BE patch to arch/mips/include/asm/io.h?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   has anyone else ever needed to do this? or is this some weird,
> one-off hack that perhaps applies *only* to some bizarre feature of
> this board?

My guess isthat the peripherals attached to the internal bus
only undestand little endian, and the bus doesn't do byte swaps when
the core isn't configured for LE. I.e. the BE feature is only
implemented in the mips core and the rest was designed for LE only.

Manuel