Re: Few questions about porting Linux to SMP86xx boards

On 02/02/15 20:56, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> "Steven J. Hill" <Steven.Hill@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On 02/01/2015 04:46 PM, Oleg Kolosov wrote:
>>> Hello MIPS gurus!
>>>
>> Hello.
>>
>>> I'm adding support for Sigma Designs SMP8652/SMP8654 (Tango3 family,
>>> MIPS 24kf CPU) to newer kernel. I've selectively adapted patches from
>>> 2.6.32.15 (the latest officially available for us) to the latest mips
>>> 3.18 stable branch and things seem to work (it boots, runs simple test
>>> programs), but there are few questions which I was not able to resolve
>>> yet with my limited experience:
>>>
>> It is good to hear somebody is working with that hardware. I have
>> uploaded all the Sigma source that we were given along with their root
>> file system images. A lot is for the 8910, but there is stuff in there
>> for the 86xx family as well.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> http://www.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/people/sjhill/Sigma/

Thanks a lot! I've been curious if there are some improvements.
Unfortunately, all the same workarounds faithfully merged. But still,
looks like there might be some useful bits - like cpu feature overrides.

> I have a bunch of cleaned/rewritten 86xx drivers for 3.19 here:
> https://github.com/mansr/linux-tangox

Wow! You are my hero! Even DT bindings and I2C driver - dreams came
true. Nice and clean - without all those horrible ifdefs and
gbus_write's sprinkled everywhere. After so much struggle - it is like
revelation. I will thoroughly study your solution.

--
Regards, Oleg
Art System