Re: IRIX support removal from the GNU toolchain

On 09/10/2014 19:16, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> Everyone --
>
>  Just to raise your attention, IRIX support removal is being discussed
> across GNU toolchain mailing lists right now with the likely outcome of a
> go-ahead very soon, especially as support for the OS itself has been
> recently withdrawn by SGI and also toolchain maintainers have no access to
> IRIX machines anymore.  So if there's anyone among you who in addition to
> being keen on Linux for the MIPS platform is also an IRIX enthusiast and
> would like to keep the platform alive in the GNU toolchain, now's about
> time to speak up and step in as the maintainer.
>
>   Maciej

My understanding is that IRIX was already removed from gcc two years ago,
deprecated in 4.7 and removed in 4.8:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2012-03/msg00067.html

Not sure about binutils -- links to the mailing lists in question?

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic