16k or 64k PAGE_SIZE and "illegal instruction" (signal -4) errors

Okay, so from the "make kmap cache coloring aware" thread, I've been playing
with larger PAGE_SIZE values on the Octane and O2 for the last few hours.
16k and 64k used to, in the past, never get far after init (usually died
*at* init)  That appears to have changed now.  Most programs seem to
JustWork(), but very randomly, I am getting a signal -4, illegal instruction
(SIGILL) on the Octane.  Both systems are running kernels w/ 64k PAGE_SIZE
at the moment.

I cannot reproduce it on demand, so I'm not really sure what the cause could
be.  PAGE_SIZE should be largely transparent to userland these days, so I am
wondering if this might be more oddities w/ an R14000 CPU.

Ideas?

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic