Re: Upcoming cross-tree build breakage on merge window

On 19/02/13 20:44, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
2013/1/23 Rafał Miłecki<zajec5@xxxxxxxxx>:
I've noticed possible build breakage when two trees get merged:
net-next and linux-john (MIPS).

This is about two following commits:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git;a=commit;h=dd4544f05469aaaeee891d7dc54d66430344321e
http://git.linux-mips.org/?p=john/linux-john.git;a=commit;h=a008ca117bc85a9d66c47cd5ab18a6c332411919

The first one adds "bgmac" driver which uses asm/mach-bcm47xx/nvram.h
and nvram_getenv. The second one renames them.

Can you handle this in some clever way during merge window, please?

The fix is trivial:
1) Use<bcm47xx_nvram.h>
2) Use bcm47xx_nvram_getenv

Just a reminder.

Hi,

Ralf told me he will pull the fix into his upstream-sfr.git today so that the upcoming linux-next should not build break due to this patch

	John