Re: [patch] hugetlb: remove dummy definitions of HPAGE_MASK and HPAGE_SIZE

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, David Daney wrote:

> > So, just remove the dummy and dangerous definitions since they are no
> > longer needed and reveals the correct dependencies.  Tested on
> > architectures using the definitions with allyesconfig: x86 (even with
> > thp), hppa, mips, powerpc, s390, sh3, sh4, sparc, and sparc64, and
> > with defconfig on ia64.
> >

> This whole comment strikes me as somewhat dishonest, as at the time David
> Rientjes wrote it, he knew that there were dependencies on these symbols in
> the linux-next tree.

I was referring to Linus' tree at the time the patch was merged, not
linux-next.  However, yes, I was aware of the build breakage it caused in
Ralf's mips tree and I sent a patch to fix that breakage to the mips
folks:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-mips&m=132175788803677

Thanks.