Re: select() to /dev/rtc0 to wait for clock tick timed out

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:30:02 -0400, Matt Turner <mattst88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I looked through the datasheet and tried to find a place where we're
> doing something wrong in the driver, but I didn't see anything.
>
> http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/M/4/1/T/M41T80.shtml

Excuse me for slow response.

As you and John discovered, this driver do not support alarm
completely.  This driver just can set/read alarm date/time, but RTC
interrupt is not implemented yet.

So possible solutions would be:

* Implement RTC irq handler. (Now we have threaded-irq so it would be
easier than the past)
* Drop .set_alarm function. (i.e. drop whole alarm codes)

I cannot test this driver by myself, but I will take a look if you had
any fix.  Thank you.

---
Atsushi Nemoto