Re: uboot for MIPS: need help to skip relocate uboot and start uboot from RAM

Hi,
I'm not so familira with uboot, however, I done proprietary booter
implementation for my company. Similar functionality was required, for
different purposes actually, but it doesn't change the idea.

So in my booter code I done simple check of code location. In case when
the code detects that it is already in RAM, it skips memory/caches
initialization and self coping. Some useful pieces of code:
Supporting function.

------CUT-HERE--------
LEAF(set_ra)

        jr      ra
        nop

END(set_ra)
------CUT-HERE--------
Actually the check:
------CUT-HERE--------
        bal     set_ra      /* first get the current program counter */
        nop

        move    t0, ra

        li      t1, 0x10000000
        and     t1, t1, t0
        bne     zero, t1, 1f                /* code in ROM/flash */
        nop

        li      s3,0                    /* code in RAM */
        b  	2f
        nop
1:
	/* jump to system initialization and code coping routine here */
2:
	/* continue normal boot */

I suppose you can do similar in u-boot and it will be quite generic
solution. Such code can be executed from RAM and FLASH without need to
reconfigure and rebuild.

03.03.11 12:16, Pandurang Kale ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ(ÐÐ):

--
Best regards,
RD18-UANIC