Re: Kernel link address assumption

On 02/24/11 10:21, Himanshu Chauhan wrote:
On Thursday 24 February 2011 11:46 PM, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
On 02/24/11 10:13, Himanshu Chauhan wrote:
Hi,

Does Linux kernel for MIPS assumes that its link address is always in Kseg0?
What if I change the link address to somewhere in useg?
Your page fault handlers will be in for an interesting time. ;o)

What you describe can be, and is done, for virtualized kernels running on top of a hypervisor, but there's a bit more involved than just changing the link address.

You just caught that. Thats what I am trying to evaluate. What all I would need to do apart from changing the link address. I am working on a bare metal hypervisor for MIPS architecture.

Any pointers?

I've done a design of something like this for a non-MIPS architecture, but I'd prefer someone who's done this for MIPS (and I know that there are people out there who have) advise you.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.