Re: CygWin Cross-tool Package?

On 1/2/2011 12:23 PM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
>
> On Sunday 02 January 2011 21:06:22 Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
>> ...By any chance, could one of
>> you point me to a functional, pre-built package I could install under
>> Cygwin to do kernel builds?
> Providing that you install of the required dependencies (subversion, flex,
> bison ...), OpenWrt can build a Linux kernel and root filesystem under Cygwin.
>
> Hope that helps.
Sigh.  It looked promising, but...

$ make menuconfig
Checking 'working-make'... ok.
Checking 'case-sensitive-fs'... failed.
Checking 'getopt'... ok.
Checking 'fileutils'... ok.
Checking 'working-gcc'... ok.
Checking 'working-g++'... ok.
Checking 'ncurses'... failed.
Checking 'zlib'... ok.
Checking 'gawk'... ok.
Checking 'flex'... ok.
Checking 'unzip'... ok.
Checking 'bzip2'... ok.
Checking 'patch'... ok.
Checking 'perl'... ok.
Checking 'python'... ok.
Checking 'wget'... ok.
Checking 'gnutar'... ok.
Checking 'svn'... ok.
Checking 'gnu-find'... ok.
Checking 'getopt-extended'... ok.
Checking 'non-root'... ok.

Build dependency: OpenWrt can only be built on a case-sensitive filesystem

It will probably be easier for me to get some random cheap PC running
Ubuntu than to get a non-case-sensitive filesystem working on an
existing XP platform.

Any recommendations on cross tool packages for X86/X86-64 Ubuntu
installations?  Or would splicing the linux-mips.org kernel tree under
the OpenWrt structure - but under Linux this time - still be the
shortest path?

            Regards, and thanks,

            Kevin K.