Re: SMTC support status in latest git head.

> Sorry I misunderstood file. git blame shows that "andi" is around for quite
> some time.

I've never used git blame, so I don't know how far it can be trusted, but if that change was made in 2006, that would predate the major breakage by several
years.  So my suggestion from yesterday is a reasonable one:

> I think that if you were to tweak mips-mt.c at line 103 to change
> the
>
>        tcstatval = flags; /* And pre-dump TCStatus is flags */
>
> to something more like
>
> /* Pre-dump TCStatus Interrupt Inhibit bit is in flags variable */
> tcstatval = (read_c0_tcstatus() & ~0x400) | flags;
>
> should fix the dump.

With that patch, if you re-run the experiment of hang-breakout-dump, we might be able to deduce something.

Ralf wrote to me independently to say that my message from yesterday with that suggestion and some other commentary got eaten once again by the LMO mail forwarder because of the HTML content. With all due respect, I'm using a very standard open-source mail client (Thunderbird) with a very normal option (reply to text with text, HTML with HTML). Perhaps it it's the LMO mail system that needs to change, and not the mail configurations of the whole LMO community.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.