Re: SMTC support status in latest git head

On 12/14/10 13:27, STUART VENTERS wrote:
Kevin,

It turns out we are also looking at Linux SMTC support for 34kc.
    (For a different pmc part.)

You said you remembered seeing it work on at least one version of the kernel.

Could you help us find that version by bracketing the search a bit?

Maybe a date and/or version range to look in.

There were early working versions without dyntick or interrupt affinity
in the 2.6.23/24 timeframe, but as per the commit lots in linux-mips.org,
I finally got the dyntick stuff working in September 2008, with the commits
propagating to various git branches over the following two months. I can see that the new code was in 2.6.28.1 but not in 2.6.26.8 At some point subsequent to that, I'm pretty sure I checked out the then-latest stable version of the Malta
branch and got a functional build.

The last time I regression checked it was in March  of 2009 at which point
some infrastructure changes had broken things, which I fixed in patches
posted on March 31, 2009, one which addressed a change in the semantics
of CP0 access macros, and one of which fixed  a name conflict.
Those were committed on 3/31 and 5/14/2009, depending on the branch
you look at.  With those patches and only those patches on what was then
the latest stable (Malta?) branch at LMO, it seemed to run OK
to the limited degree I was able to have it tested.   Someone else found a
hole in smtc_distribute_timer() in November of 2009, and I worked with
the discoverer on a very small patch committed November 13, 2009,
but I never actually ran the code to test (then again, I'd never been able
to drive a system into the failure it could cause).

Sorry to be a little vague, but I no longer have my MIPS Linux development
build or test systems, so I'm reduced to googling and searching LMO, just
like anyone else.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.