Re: Is it any serial8250 platform driver available?

On 10/25/2010 08:37 AM, Ardelean, Andrei wrote:
Hi David,

I studied this driver and few other examples and I have one question
regarding the driver configuration:
Which field must be initialized in the plat_serial8250_port structure:
	unsigned long	iobase;		/* io base address */
	void __iomem	*membase;	/* ioremap cookie or NULL */
	resource_size_t	mapbase;	/* resource base */
Some drivers init only one of them, other two fields.

My UART is located at 0x1bf01000, can I put this value in all those
fields?

As with many things in life, it depends.

In this case it depends on the flags you pass as well as any serial_in() and serial_out() functions you may have. It is fortunate you have the source code available, you can use it to see how the different options affect things.

David Daney

Thanks,
Andrei