How to add Ethernet and USB drivers to the Linux Kernel?

Hi,

I am porting MIPS Linux from Malta board to a new board. On Malta board
network and USB devices reside on PCI bus. In my case the new video
processor contains MIPS core, network and USB controllers, and those
controllers registers are in the direct memory map of MIPS core, there
is no PCI bus. Give me some advice how to add Ethernet and USB drivers
to the Kernel. Do I need to create a new virtual platform bus/device or
the Kernel has already what I need? If all the peripheral h/w blocks are
memory mapped directly in MIPS processor core space, can I have a single
bus for all of them?

Thanks,
Andrei