RE: How to setup interrupts for a new board?

Hi Maciej,

I have read all the books you suggested and I work having all of them on
my desk. I come back to them frequently to check diverse stuff. My
problems are:
- Why Malta implementation doesn't activate cpu_has_veic although they
have 8259 external interrupt controller? Malta implementation doesn't
activate cpu_has_vint too although Vectored interrupt mode should be the
minimum recommended mode if external controller is not present.
- Looking at Malta_xxxx specific files, it seems to me that they do not
follow Linux Porting Guide document I have read on MIPS Linux.

In addition, my company pays Timesys for support and regarding
cpu-feature.h define switches, they said that they know nothing.

What I was hoping was to find a MIPS Linux implementation which uses
Vectored Interrupt Mode (VI) with few h/w interrupts including the timer
routed to the MIPS processor or at least some document with some details
of implementation. That will shorten significantly my porting. Sure, if
I find nothing, I'll write from scratch as I understand, but it takes
for sure much longer and is worth to try first finding a close example.

Thanks,
Andrei